27.9.08

This show MUST go on...

Ok, so we all watched last night's debate. I dunno, I was hoping for a little more of that maverick-y spunk from McCain. He was calm, organized, respectful(Looks like somebody took their Ginko Biloba)! In a word, it was...boring?

Except when McCain said, "...FESTOONED with Christmas ornaments.." I was playing the Debate Drinking Game-Home Version, and had to chug my bottle of creme de menthe. Woo-hoo! Then Obama said, "...orgy of spending..." and I had to...err...never mind.

So, here's my suggestion for the next Presidential Debate: make it a musical. I'm thinking something along the lines of "West Side Story:"

WEST WING STORY
http://www.blogwaybaby.com/index.shtml

*The curtain rises to a dimly-lit stage...illuminated by a single lamp post. As the opening number, "Cool" begins, McCain and Obama -- leaning against their podiums -- begin snapping their fingers to the beat.*

Obama to McCain:
"Boy, boy, crazy boy....Be COOL BOY!"

McCain: "GOT A ROCKET! IN MY POCKET!"

Obama and Jim Lehrer: "Be Cool, Boyyyy!"

Then Larry Craig bursts on-stage, wearing nothing but a toilet paper tutu and tap shoes: "I feel pretty...oh, so pretty....I feel pretty, and witty and GAAAAY!...And I pity, any girl who isn't me todayyyy.." They have to drag him off with a shepherd's hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment